Answered By: Elsa Winch Last Updated: Apr 06, 2020 Views: 1619
VMware View Client is the software that allows you to log from your personal desktop or laptop onto the LHU virtual desktop lab pool (Virtual Machines, or Thin clients), that have identical desktops.
For Macs and PCs, the continue with the following steps:
1. Type in http://viewconnection.lhup.edu in your web browser address bar,
2. Select VMware View Client,
3. Select the download for your PC, by clicking VMware Horizon Client for Windows, or, if you are a Mac user, select and click VMware Horizon Client for Mac.
4. Software will automatically download. Follow the online directions to install the software on your computer.
5. You will be asked to Enter name of Connection Server :
Use this server address: https:myvm.lhup.edu.
You will be prompted to connect using your LHU login information.
Now, when you need to connect to the LHU virtual desktop pool, you can open the VMware View Client application, or go to viewconnection.lhup.edu.
* You can download VMware client software for your iOs, Android, or Chrome device: https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_clients/5_0#mac
For more information, about email, LHU accounts and help with related issues, here is a document from LHU IT helpdesk: http://www.lockhaven.edu/it/documents/stu_comp_info.pdf. For the IT hotline one on one assistance, call the IT Helpdesk (570) 484-2286, Option 1 for students, Option 2 for faculty and staff.